Wednesday 28 May 2014

Day 4

I have fallen into a morning routine, same as yesterday. Today, we went to UEF. First, we had a lecture on the history and culture of Vietnam. The importance of the buffalo was stressed in the lecture because cows cannot be used to plow rice fields because the low lands are to wet for them. we had another language lesson today. I can pretty confidently say Vietnamese is not my language. I was having a hard time with correctly pronouncing words. The company that we visited today was Glass Egg. They make graphics for video games. They got their start by making cars and now are moving into the mobile game market. The company felt more relaxed than the others. I think it would be an interesting place to work. Walking through the office, I could see the programmers writing codes in C++ syntax. I thought that was interesting because I could recognize the purpose of some of the lines, but a lot of it was far beyond the scope of what we learned in Engr 12.

The view from Glass Egg
 I was very excited for dinner tonight. The idea was to walk until something looked good, and it did not take long. A group of us walked what could not have been more than 3 blocks to the right of the hotel before we were lured in by the smoky scent of barbeque. We could see meat cooking on the grill and spinning on skewers. The waiter unfolded tables for us on the sidewalk. I had the pigeon and it was delicious. I was very happy with the restaurant we had chosen. After dinner we went to a little place called Broma. It sat beneath the tallest building in Ho Chi Minh City. It was lite up and contrasted beautifully with the black Vietnamese sky. We had a fun night just talking and getting to know everyone a little better. It was another great day in Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment