Wednesday 28 May 2014

Day 5

I started the day with the same standard routine. Then we went to UEF for a lesson on the history of the Mekong River Delta. We had an older professor, and I liked him a lot. He seemed to be a wise and experienced man, and I enjoyed listening to him. After the this lesson, we took a long break because some students want to get fitted suits. I got fitted for a gray suit and i was really excited to see how it was going to turn out; I have never before been fitted like this. After the fitting, we went to the library to play some games. I was on team "winners," which in no way foreshadowed our performance. Our slogan was "we are better than you...and we know it," and once again not completely accurate. The first game we played was a guessing game where you had to put your hands into ice water, pick out a fruit, describe it to your partner and guess. Team winners had minimal time because Garrett cheated, but it's okay. The second game was  a passing of an eggplant between your legs down a row of your team. Team winners actually won this one but I feel like I got a little to close to Garrett in the process. Last was a kind of Vietnamese telephone were we took a phrase off a little card and passed it down the line much like an eggplant. We got a tough one. I think team Winners took second place, which isn't last so I can't complain much. Everyone still got a nice bag of candy and fruit. Then we all did the chicken dance and the Macarena, or maybe we did that before. Tonight we went for a type of pancake that the teacher recommended that we get. It was very thin and filled with duck. I wrapped pieces of the pancake in pieces of fresh lettuce. I was very good. Since we were warned not to ride motorbikes in the meetings before hand, when I was asked if I would like to go for a ride I said no. But if i rode one, which i didn't, I would probably say it was a little terrifying at first because you come close to colliding to almost everything else on the road at some point. Remember this is all speculation. We journeyed to a dessert place where we sat on little plastic tables and tasted an assortment of "sweet soups." It was like nothing I have ever had before but I enjoyed it.  After the sweet soup, we didn't ride motor bikes to the outside of town to see a beautiful view of the city.

This is what the view would look like if we rode there
We went to one other spot to take in the view of the city. It truly was beautiful. Lastly, we didn't attempt to ride the motorbike in a small circle. It was another great day in Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment