Wednesday 4 June 2014

Day 12

It is my last day in Vietnam. There was a soccer and basketball game scheduled for us to start the day. Still half asleep, I ate a small breakfast and got on the bus to head to the stadium. The first game we played was the soccer game. We began stretching to prepare for the game when some music came on. It was a "surprise" flash mob. It was a nice fun dance to get everyone's spirit up for a nice, friendly competition at what felt early in the morning. Mike made me the captain of the soccer team, but I think it was because I was the first one to kick the ball when warming up. I scored a goal off a header, but in the end I am pretty sure we lost. Then, we got a nice five minute break before jumping right in to a game of basketball. Our basketball game plan was simple, get the ball to Seth. He towered over everyone. I think everyone was still tired from the soccer game, so we may not have performed our best. While I do not know the score, I cannot imagine we won. After the games, we took a lot of pictures and exchanged gifts. I was very thankful for everything I received; they will become very precious memories. After some goodbyes, we went back to the hotel and I began to pack.  I took a break from packing to go to a coffee shop. I was very sleepy so I had another cup of the strong Vietnamese coffee. It was just what I needed to keep me going. I went back to the hotel after coffee, and I finished packing before dinner. Tonight, we had dinner on a boat to wrap up the trip. After dinner, the boat set sail. We got to see the skyline of Ho Chi Minh City for what probably would be the last time. The sight was breathtaking. I must have taken thirty picture of the skyline to get a picture that would do it justice but each time I felt like nothing could compare to actually standing on the boat looking out over the city.

After dinner, it was already late and we had to be ready to leave at 3am. I did not see any sense in going to bed; I could sleep the whole way home. I stayed up with Conor, D, and Krystal. The time passed quickly to 3am and we all gathered in the lobby to leave. The trip had come to an end, except for the next day and a half of traveling. I am truly happy that I ended up in Vietnam; I do not think I would have had such a rewarding trip anywhere else in the world. I met people I could never forget, and I learned and saw more than I ever thought I would. This is a trip I will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment