Tuesday 3 June 2014

Day 9

Today was a short day. I had a small breakfast at the hotel before a quick venture out with Brittany to find some street food as a supplement to the light breakfast. Afterwards, we got on the bus and headed to UEF for another language and culture lesson. The culture lesson focused on the on the different ethic groups from the different regions of Vietnam. I found it interesting how outside influence and the lay of the land shaped these different ethnic groups. After the culture lesson, we had another language lesson. This language was especially fun because it had games. Personally, I have always been competitive, so games are definitely a good way for me to learn. I think everyone won because we all got to learn a little Vietnamese, or at least that is what I am going with because my team lost. During lunch, it was announced that the company visit for today was cancelled because everyone was obviously tired from a long week and a half. I used my free time in the afternoon to catch up on some sleep and some writing. For dinner, some of us went to the mall for a quick meal. I honestly wish I would have searched out a new restaurant. Also, later in the night I saw city hall and a statue of Uncle Ho. They both looked beautiful lit up at night.

Uncle Ho with City hall in the background



No comments:

Post a Comment