Monday 2 June 2014

Day 7

Today started a little differently. I wanted to break it up a little and in order to do so, I skipped the breakfast at the hotel and found something new. Lucky, my journey to find something new lasted about 7 steps. I walked up to the food stand right out side of the hotel to see what might interest me as breakfast. I got a sandwich. I had the choice of meat or eggs, and I chose meat. It was delicious, and it has been right under my nose this whole time. Today was probably our longest bus ride to what I will refer to as big Jesus and the beach. Our first stop was big Jesus. Tin said, "we only have an hour here." I brushed it off because I did not understand the work that had to be put in to see big Jesus. I thought it was going to be a five minute walk, see big Jesus, take a few pictures, and be on our merry way. I guess it never clicked that I might have to climb up the hill; I guess I thought I might just be able to float up by some miracle, after all this is big Jesus. It turns out I could not get so lucky, so we all began the hike up the steps to big Jesus. Just as the steps and sun were about to get to me, over the set of stair peek the large face of Jesus himself. Once we got up there big Jesus was a very interesting site we took some pictures, and had the opportunity to go to the top of big Jesus. The line to the top of big Jesus was long, but I at this point i had go to far to turn back now. I was going to the top. the view from the top of big Jesus was incredible.

This is the view from big Jesus

This here is my friend big Jesus
   From big Jesus, we headed to lunch. This place was a little fancier, or at least fancier than I felt being dressed for the beach and being drench in sweat from a long hike up to Jesus. I quickly got over these feelings when they brought out the food. It was all very good and I had a large meal for plenty of energy to burn at the beach. I was very ready for the beach. Today was like any other day in Vietnam, HOT. We all set or things up under the umbrella and headed right for the water. The water was warm but was a great relief from the heat. After floating in the small waves for a minute, we got to observe on of my favorite beach game from the locals, sand balls. I had some flash backs of my youth. I have three brothers, and as a result, I have learned to make a pretty solid sand ball over the years. It is all in the flick of the wrist. We had a little sand ball fight; I think Abe started it. Also, I threw D into the water in his clothes. D if you are reading this, I am sorry, but it was a little funny. The beach was a lot of fun, but it was time to go. I was worn from a full day and the sun, so I slept on the way back. I woke up when we puled into a market for a bathroom break. I got out and looked around. Dan and I got some fruit for the rest of the ride back, some jack fruit and some "strawberries." They were very tasty. When we got back we had our suits adjusted. Although my suit only had one sleeve, I liked the look of it. Afterwards, we went out for a quick dinner because it was late, and then just talked to Atharva until it was time to go to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment